Tuesday, April 13, 2010

9 months!

I can't believe how close that baby icon on the timeline is to the "1"!! Amazing! We went to Antonio's 9 month well child check Monday. We went to a different doctor that is MUCH closer to home and hoped to like him and stay with him but I will drive the additional 20 min each way and go back to the original doctor. The appointment was a joke. This new doctor knew his stuff and did what he needed to do but then was outta there. Since Antonio had a cold he checked his ears, throat and lungs and all were good. Then he checked a couple other routine things then got up to leave. Well I had some questions and had to pretty much cut him off to ask before he left. I got two in while his hand was one the door knob. He briefly answered them but so fast I barely had time to comprehend. Antonio's original doctor always asked if I had any questions and then answered them all. I assumed ALL pediatricians would do that, boy was I wrong. Needless to say we won't be going back the him.

Enough negative, on to positive! Antonio is GROWING!! Here are his current stats:
Weight: 22lbs 8 oz (79.62%, down from 95.8%)
Height: 30" (93.64%, up from 92.9%)
Head circumference: 45.5 cm/17.91" (56.48%, up from 29.6%)

Some things Antonio's doing and liking:
-He is getting better and better at walking. Still needing help but cruises the couch (or anything) just fine by himself.
-He is loving walking with his walker!
-Has learned how to crawl up stairs. (not so good)
-Started primarily crawling on his hands and knees instead of on his belly
-Loving all food as long as it's pureed.
-He gags on anything not pureed even if it's super soft, so we're easing into that.
-He seems to really like the new tastes and textures of meats
-Still waking once a night for a diaper change and a little snack. (however, I don't think it's the hunger that wakes him, I'm starting to think him being wet does....)
-He seems to have reconciled with the vacuum cleaner. However we haven't turned it on with him yet!
-He's freaked out by my hair dryer now too.


No comments:

Post a Comment