Friday, May 28, 2010

Eating!

Antonio's eating! I mean eating real foods, we all know he has been eating all along!! Last Friday, the 21st, the daycare gal said she had given him some fish crackers and he ate them.....whole! I was shocked! So I tried giving him some spaghetti o's since they are very soft and easy to gum. He LOVED them! I had made Albert and I spaghetti with ground beef and onions which he frequently eyed! The next day, Saturday, we gave him his normal breakfast, oatmeal mixed with pureed fruit. For lunch I made grilled cheese for us and gave Antonio some fish crackers and banana and a little bit of grilled cheese to try. He loved it and ended up eating half of mine! So since he was doing so good Albert tried giving him a little of the left over spaghetti from the night before; he LOVED that too! Ground beef, onions and all! We were so impressed! : )

Since then he has eaten eggs, toast, pineapple, chicken (from chicken tacos), banana, apple and loves them all! He has a total 6 teeth and is learning how to bite with them well. However, when he eats he tends to put everything on his plate/tray in his mouth all at once! Luckily he hasn't choked yet and we have learned to only give him a few items at a time until he learns to slow down.

We are so proud of him, I was worried he'd only be eating puree's for forever! :p Luckily, he is still enjoying his purees considering I had just made him a bunch! If anyone has any ideas on what other foods to try I welcome the ideas. I am going to get some yogurt this weekend for him to try too. My baby boy is growing up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment