Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Three years ago today.

Three years ago today my life was about to completely change; more than I even could have imagined then! By this time 3 years ago I had been admitted to the hospital, given an epideral and had the epideral start to wear off and begin feeling the contractions again. I remember sitting in my hospital room having the epideral wear off and watching the Mariners play the Texas Rangers. How I remember that you ask, well I just remember watching Omar play. It helped with the contractions a bit. ;) Anyways, they (the doctors and nurses) didn't want to give me anymore meds because I was so close to 10cm. They were sure any min now I would reach 10cm and deliver. Well the minutes continued to tick by and I was tired! My contractions had woken me up around 4 or 5 that morning and well I couldn't go back to sleep. I remember dozing in and out and watching my Mom sleep with her head at a 90 degree angle in a chair at the foot of my bed and Albert sleeping on the couch in the room.

Finally around 1 or 2 am and after being at 9cm for a few hours they decided to do a c-section. I couldn't believe it; I was finally getting this thing out of me...err, I mean, I was finally getting to meet my baby boy! Sadly, with being so medicated for the c-section I don't remember feeling much emotion, just pain.  Looking back it makes me so sad; that moment of seeing him for the first time and I don't remember feeling ANYTHING. Regardless, from that day forward my life has changed for the better in so many ways. I love Antonio more than I thought possible and I feel so much emotion every. single. day. So I was "empty" in that one moment that means so much but I have so much love and emotion because of him every day.

I cannot believe he will be 3 tomorrow. It is just not possible. I have asked him repeatedly what he wants for his birthday and every time his answer is: cake, chocolate cake. So, we are having a chocolate cake tomorrow night after his requested waffles for dinner. Tomorrow will not be a healthy eating day for him or myself. Oh well, what are birthdays for after all?! I feel so incredibly lucky to have him in my life and to all him my own. I know there are so many women who cannot become pregnant on their own or even with "help" so because of that I feel even more lucky. He is such good little boy and I cannot wait to see who he becomes! I am so proud of him now and am so proud of the boy he is turning into! 

Then:


*please ignore the stain :)*

Today:


No comments:

Post a Comment