Sunday, April 10, 2016

Spring Break...

FAIL....

Thats right, I had a Spring break fail.

We didn't go anywhere exciting or really anywhere. Everything is SO expensive during Spring Break. Albert worked and we opted to just stay home. Monday was kind of a crumy day weather wise but the rest of the week just got better and better!

During the week Antonio and I went to the Childrens Museum in Everett which it seemed as if he is approaching the age where it isn't nearly as fun as it used to be. They have a great outdoor play area on their roof and I asked him 3 or 4 times if he wanted to check it out but I kept getting a no. We also went to two different beaches (different days), 3 different parks (1 park twice), he spent an afternoon with Grammy, we planted some plants and went on numerous bike rides.

I told him this morning that we would probably stick around home today because we had lots to do at home. He somewhat happily obliged. I asked him if he had a good Spring Break and I was somewhat surprised to hear him say "no".

Wait, what?

Yup, he says he wanted to go to the rooftop play area at the Childrens Museum (which he had numerous opportunities to do that day), he wanted go to a hotel, and he wanted to have his birthday party this week. I told him I had fun and that my favorite things were going to the beach. He then told me he didn't like the beaches we went to because he wanted to go to a sandy beach... Oye.

Yeah, those are hard to find around here. I told him I would try to find a good one to go to next time. So if anyone asks him about his Spring Break I am guessing he'll tell them it wasn't fun. Here I was thinking we had fun, granted we didn't do anything special but we also didn't sit a home. Obviously I was wrong.  Summer may be a long break if his expectations are so high and he doesn't voice his "wants" up front. Good thing we're going to California and having his birthday over the summer. Those two things will take care of his sandy beach and birthday party wants! Granted, that might make the rest of the break even more blah.

So in a matter of moments he knocked me right off my "feeling good" about our week and now I feel like I completely failed at having a fun Spring Break with him... :( Anyone have any suggestions of good sandy beaches that we don't have to drive far to get to?








No comments:

Post a Comment