Friday, February 26, 2010

Going back to work.....

It's official, I am going back to work April 6th. I will be working Tuesday - Friday until business picks up; I guess I am kinda hoping it doesn't so I can keep this schedule. If and when it does I will have to go Monday - Friday. Until then, I will be grateful for not having to put Antonio in daycare 1 more day. I really don't want him in daycare at all for so many reasons but we don't really have a choice at this point. I just fear he will not get the attention and love he does with me; in fact I know he won't. He tends to be high maintenance a lot and I worry that they will get tired of his whining and just let him whine. That thought breaks my heart. I guess he's been spoiled being home with me. But that is my job, to attend to his EVERY need. I know this daycare will to their best abilities but he won't be the only one there. I guess that is where only children get spoiled and grow to think it is all about them. Good thing my mom ran a daycare out of her home for awhile! ; )

We have found a daycare we like and it happens to be our neighbors! For those of you who have been to our house it is the neighbors that have the cow. They don't actually live there anymore and have turned there house into a daycare. Its great that they are just next door so when Albert gets home he will be able to go get Antonio instead of him having to wait for me to get off work and pick him up since we only have one car seat.

So I have a month to enjoy my time with Antonio then off to work I'll go. It will be the hardest thing I've done so far. The poor lady at the daycare as well, I'm sure Antonio will be a fussy, whiny mess at least for awhile after I go. I, on the other hand, will be an emotional mess probably all week! People say it will be good for both of us but I just LOVE being home with Antonio. It is so crazy hard some days but more often it is just as expected! I'm still hoping something (like the winning lotto ticket) will come along between now and then or even in the near future. We shall see. I am going to try my best to focus on enjoying my days with Antonio instead of stressing about that first day back.

"Try" is the key word.

1 comment:

  1. Now and when April 6 comes, tell yourself that lots and lots of moms do this, so can I!!! That's what I told myself! Yes it was still hard, but it gets better!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete