Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Our last day....

Well the time has come that I go back to work and Antonio goes to daycare. Ugh. I have been dreading this in someway since the day he was born. However, I never imagined I'd be lucky enough to be home with him this long. I feel so blessed. However, tomorrow is our last day home together. Thursday and Friday I am dropping Antonio at daycare even though I don't actually go back to work until Tuesday, April 6th. I think it is more for me than Antonio. I figure that way I am not making the heart wrenching drop off the morning I go back to work. I'll be a wreck that day regardless but maybe, just maybe it won't be so hard this way. I can go home and cry if I want to. However, my plan is to drop him and then head to the gym and put some of that emotion to good use. Oh and get myself a big yummy Starbucks because dammit, I will have deserved it! Thursday will be the first day in almost 18 months (9 in my belly and 8.75 outside) that I will not be with Antonio. Ugh....

Antonio and I have been so lucky to spend so much time together. Even after my gall bladder removal and torn achilles tendon I still feel so lucky! :) I luckily had/have awesome friends who were willing and able to come help me with Antonio during those times! To think I was worried that he wouldn't know I was his mommy! Now I know he knows I am and hope that he will be ok without me (as well as I hope he misses me)! So please pray for both of us on Thursday, Friday and then Tuesday. It will be a long, hard emotional next few days and I am getting anxious to have it be over with!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a good plan! Good not to put the first day of daycare and work on the same day! Good for you guys! I will be thinking and praying for you all!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete