Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Aquarium

Albert, Antonio and I went to the Seattle Aquarium last Saturday. Since Antonio showed so much interest in sea lions at the Oregon Zoo we thought he would really enjoy the aquarium. I know I loved it when I was younger and remember seeing all the seals, sea otters, fish and sea horses. Oh and touching all the starfish and sea anemone's. I particularly remember touching the sea anemone's and watching them quickly close up. Oh and that underwater dome that has/had all the fish, sharks and who knows what else but it was always loaded with sea life! So of course I was so excited to take Antonio! My co-worker has an enterainment book and had a buy one get one free admission and since Antonio is under 4 he still gets in free so it was a deal!

After paying $16 for parking downtown, yes, SIXTEEN DOLLARS for 4 hours, I was glad we only had to pay $20 for all 3 of us to get in! After paying you go around the corner to their HUGE floor to ceiling "wall of fish" that Antonio loved. He was so excited and could have stayed there all day, and maybe should have. Yeah, the rest was a big letdown, for me anyways. They had tons of "fish tanks" with fish to look at but once you've seen one, you've seen them all. :/  Antonio liked looking at the starfish and sea anemone's but after touching one starfish he wanted no more of that. In fact he did not like me touching them either. He tightly clutched my arm and said, "No mama" in a very concerned tone; so we moved one. To more fish..... Finally the huge underwater dome. First of all, it should have been a sign when there was none else there (in the dome area). You had to look for the fish. There were so few that I thought maybe it was being "cleaned" or something but nope that's just how it is now. Really? How sad. Then to the seals, sea otters etc. There was one lonely sea lion and two sea otters. Seriously people, where are all the sea animals? I was so completely disappointed yet so glad we only paid $20.

I hope we just went on an off day because I don't see why people would keep going back. Antonio never stopped to look at anything for more than maybe 1 min, besides the wall of fish. That is not normal for him. We went throughout the whole aquarium in less than an hour, maybe more like 45min. :(  Luckily it was a beautiful day so we walked the waterfront for a bit. Antonio loved watching all the tour busses and duck boats go by. We had to make that SIXTEEN dollars worth it after all!   We'll go back I am sure but it will have to be with a coupon for sure. Oh and definitely going on a Sunday when parking is free! ;)

1 comment:

  1. That was our same experience too; disappointed. We went 2 years ago I think. We thought it was because the year before we went to the one in Vegas, which had a bunch of cool sea life, unlike Seattle....

    ReplyDelete