Saturday, May 12, 2012

So smart!

As I had mentioned in the previous post, Antonio LOVES his current daycare. We see everyday new things that he is learning or has learned. The other night after changing into his jammies he sat with me and just out of the blue counted to 30! ON. HIS. OWN.  I was shocked so together, following his lead, we did it again. WOW! Then a day later he did it again and another day! So he must really know it! He also randomly, while staring out the window watching for the garbage man, rambled off, in order, the months from April to September! Clear as day too! I had no idea he knew them let alone was learning them! Amazing! He may not still have a lot of words but he does know his numbers, colors and is beginning to know his months! Rosemary is fantastic with him and I can tell he loves being there too!

He is still in process of his testing for speech. Hopefully Monday we will finish them and have an idea then if we should continue through the school district or not. His comprehension area went awesome. He had to get 5 wrong in a row to have the therapist stop the test and move to the next one. He went all the way in to the 5 year old range! I couldn't believe it; I was so proud! He had been testing for about 30m and was starting to want to play with his toys; so he was done regardless. I am hoping we can be done with the therapy, for many reasons! He has so much more of a vocabulary than he did just 9 months ago. Sometimes I can tell he really does have to try hard to think of words to use when talking with him and other times it comes easily to him. It's just so amazing to watch him learn so much so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment