Saturday, July 20, 2013

4 year well child check

Antonio had his 4 year well child dr. appointment yesterday, Friday, and it went very well. This time they checked his vision and hearing. He did perfectly on the vision, he was able to tell her the (correct) shapes on the very bottom, smallest, line. The nurse said he has 20/20 vision, hooray! So far he seems to have my eyes! The hearing test went well too. She asked him to raise his hand every time he heard a "beep". Well, he wasn't so good at that, however every time he did hear a beep he would look at her and smile, it was very cute. She came to the conclusion he heard every one, so he seems to have perfect hearing as well regardless of how he acts. :)  The doctor came in and checked all the normal stuff, ears, eyes, heart, breathing etc and all is good.

Stats are as followed:
Blood pressure: 94/44 (last year 98/44)
Height: 42" or 3' 6"  (last year 39") 85%tile
Weight: 42lbs (last year 38lbs) 89%tile
BMI: 16.73 (last year 17.38)  81%tile

He also received 3 shots:
Booster for DTap
Booster for Polio
And booster MMR & Chicken Pox combined.

That combo one was the painful one. In fact, for the first time he ran a fever and threw up...twice that night. It wouldn't be so bad but he stayed with my parents last night because I had to work Saturday. :(  He has never had any sort of reaction to shots except for maybe sleeping more at nap but nothing else. I/we assume it is a reaction to the shots. Poor baby. He threw up twice late last night and ran a little bit of a temperature. They managed to get some Tylenol in him before throwing up again and happily his fever had broke. It killed me knowing he was sick and I couldn't be there. I so worried about him but I knew my mom would take care of him, but still, I wasn't there. Happily, when he woke up this morning he said he felt fine and acted like his normal self. I feel much better now that he is home with us. I hope he sleeps well tonight, he needs it.

He still is a bit red a swollen where he got his shot and that worries me a bit. But as long as he sleeps well tonight and there is no more throwing up or fever, I feel better. Overall, his check up went good! He doesn't need more shot until he is 10 and is all caught up and ready for school!

No comments:

Post a Comment