Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Four years ago

As I crawl into bed tonight I can't help but get very nostalgic. Four years ago tonight my body was getting ready to go into labor. on July 10th 2009, I would wake up at about 3 am to use the bathroom, then again at 5 when I seemed I had lost my mucus plug. It was a whole 24hrs later before we finally got to meet Antonio. At 4:11 am on the 11th he came into this world, a whole 8 days early! I cannot even believe he was ever inside of me; what a true miracle life is. I still, to this day, look at him and find myself in awe of the fact Albert and I made him and I grew him inside my body. How did my body know where to put the eyes? To only "grow" two arms? It really is amazing.

We are so lucky to have Antonio in our lives; what did we do without him? He really is a good kid and has such a sweet, kind heart. He makes each day better and teaches us new things all the time. He reminds us so often of what really matters; each other. He seems to be growing socially more and more each day. Just a few months ago he wold barely talk to people he didn't really know, now if someone talks to him he almost always responds. :) He is still a reserved kid and I am grateful for that in this day and age.

In just a couple months he will go to Preschool. I am beyond excited for him but am also not ready for him to go. That means he is growing up. He is going to learn so much, meet so many new people and do so many new things. My baby is no longer a baby. Antonio does however, still want a baby sister and as you may or may not know, we are in the early, very early, stages of fostering to adopt. So maybe I will get the chance to "have" another baby in the near future, maybe. Until then, I will try to continue to hold close every little moment I share with my sweet Antonio and try not to rush the days along. Happy early birthday my sweet pumpkin doodlebug.

No comments:

Post a Comment