Thursday, May 15, 2014

Brave boy.

Antonio did great. He got to lay back, put some headphones on, watch a movie and breathe in the "good oxygen". They did the whole thing in a matter of maybe 2 min; I was impressed. The dentist said, " you might feel a little pull but it's ok" and about 15sec later Antonio said, "owe" and that was it. No tears, no fuss, nothing. He was so brave. I was so glad to have it done. They applied gauze to stop the bleeding and then handed him an otter pop. He was content.

I, on the hand, was not. As soon as I saw the blood it was over. I became very dizzy, nauseous, shaky and sweaty. It was awful. They turned the ac up in the room me, we had a private room, and told me we (Antonio and I) could stay as long as needed. Antonio happily, was content with where he was so I could "recover". What am I going to do if he breaks an arm or leg? Or falls and gets cut? Or something worse? I told Albert he is in charge if anything other than Antonio falling and skinning his knee or arm happens. I've now learned I may not do so well.

Maybe having just one kid is good.

For 24hours he was restricted to a "soft" diet. No seeds (strawberries, blackberries, etc), crackers, chips or anything he'd have to "bite" into and no sucking through a straw or sippycup type cup. So he had a bunch of watermelon, 2 banana's, scrambled egg, bread and 2 popsicles the rest of the day. Then the next day, oatmeal, more banana, french toast, scrambled egg, string cheese (cut into bite sized pieces), spinach leaves, more watermelon, blueberries, and apples (cut into bite sized pieces). Today, Rosemary (daycare) wasn't sure what he could or couldn't eat so she planned to have, waffles, applesauce, mac n cheese, yogurt, pudding and another popsicle. He's had the best foods the past few days.

He's got a pretty big lisp right now and I am really hoping as he gets used to talking without 1 front tooth it will gradually lessen. It makes me sad to see him smile with a missing tooth. :/  Today on the way home from swimming he said to me, "my grown-up tooth is taking a really long time to come".  Poor guy. I pray he gets used to it because Dr. Lugo warned it could be a couple years before it grows in. Imagine not having one of your front teeth, and trying to talk and eat like "normal". Thats what he has to deal with for a couple years. My poor sweet boy.  I know its better that it's gone so his "grown-up" tooth can grow in properly and the infection (from when he fell and the tooth was pushed up) is gone but it still makes me sad for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment