Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Being home

Between holiday days off, daycare being closed and my regular Wednesday's off I have had two weeks in a row with only working 2 days a week so I've been home a lot with Antonio (we've been spoiled). It has been wonderful. It has made that fire inside myself start to burn again to look for a new job. A very part time job. I had taken a big break looking since it turned into mainly seasonal work time and I need one that was a "permanent" job not seasonal. It has been so nice being home with Antonio and feeling like a real Mama! Its been pretty hectic and pretty off schedule with all the get togethers and just pure excitement but a lot of fun. Its fun to be able to get up and have breakfast together on our own time frame. He's been fighting a cold/cough on and off the whole time but it's been nice knowing that we are home and if we need a "slower" day we can take it. There has been zero anxiety on my part with debating on if he should go to daycare or not.

I know he loves daycare and I don't want to take that away from him but I would love to be able to work 2-3 days a week for 6-8 hours a day. I'm not one for "resolutions" but more for "goals". So one of my goals is to find a job I actually like that allows me more time at home with Antonio. It is nice to be home and "learn" him. Learn his personality, his likes/dislikes, his capabilities, etc. I know all that but not really. Does that make sense? When I am home with him for longer periods of time I find I learn a lot about him; good and bad. Which in turn makes me feel like a better, more "equipped", Mama and that makes me feel better! :) So please send good part-time job finding vibes my way. I know I won't find anything right away because I am fairly picky with what I want but because of that I also could use all the help I can get! Thanks in advance! Wish us luck next week when both Antonio and I get forced back into routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment