Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Preschool update...kinda

Preschool seems to be the next step for Antonio. We still haven't decided, let alone thought much about it, if we will hold him back a year before starting Kindergarten. I, myself, lean closer to waiting until he is 6 but we will see. I know Antonio is anxious, without even know about it, to go to "school".  I would like to send him to a Preschool for possibly a Pre-K class. However, what I have found out that a huge problem is transportation. I have looked in to a couple Preschools through church's and they have no transportation. And well, unfortunately, I hadn't really thought about that part of it. Would I even want him riding a bus to and from? We, Albert or I would have to drop him and pick him back up. I could make dropping him work but picking him up between 11:30 and noon (depending on the place) 3 days a week is close to impossible with my work schedule and Albert's.

Is preschool only for kids who have a stay-at-home Mom/Dad? Or a parent who has a very flexible work schedule or works very part-time?

I have maybe 3 people that I would feel comfortable picking him up from preschool. Albert or I, my Mom, Rosemary (the awesome daycare lady) and my cousin/her husband. Here is the problem with them. My Mom lives on the other side of the water and that would be a HUGE in convenience, let alone favor, to ask of her. Rosemary, well she'd have to pack up the other kids in the car and pick him up, at lunch time, so not an option considering they typically eat between 11:30-noon. Then my cousin/her husband. They live in Everett, preschool would be in Marysville, they have two kids of their own with their own schedules. That would mean they would have to pack up, drive to Marysville just to pick Antonio to take him to daycare...ummmm, no, not an option.

So what to do? It sucks.

There is always a chance I may find a part-time job by next Fall so I could pick him up, but at this point, there is no guarantee of that. I know he would love it but I am starting to find out it may not be a possibility and that frustrates me (and makes me sad). A lot. His current daycare is fantastic and is/would be very similar to what preschool would be like but I was really hoping he could experience "school". He talks about it a lot and I can tell he wants to go. So the worse case scenario of no Preschool and just daycare would be ok but not preferable, in my opinion.

Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment