Tuesday, August 11, 2009

1 month today!

It's pretty amazing that just 1 month ago my life was so completely different. I slept in on weekends, the only things that interrupted me was my urgent need to pee (in the end of the pregnancy) and the need to get off my feet (again, at the end of the pregnancy). Now, if I sleep in until 9 it is because Albert has the day off and he and Antonio go downstairs to hangout together. Otherwise I sleep "in" until maybe 7 am. I am completely on his schedule. My life revolves around feeding Antonio, comforting and holding him and hoping he will stop crying and fall asleep! : ) He is amazing; he really is and I wouldn't change a thing; unless you ask me in the middle of one of his "freak outs". Then I might consider it for a moment; but just for a moment.

In the past month Antonio has grown a ton; literately. The day he was born he weighed 9lbs 15 oz and was 21" long. They weighed him the day he was circumcised (last Tuesday, the 4th) and he was 11lbs 8 oz. Knowing him he has gained since then too! At the last Dr. appt ( July 27th ) he was 23.75" long! Amazing! From day one he was able to hold his head up for maybe 10 - 20 sec. on his own and now, probably for a min at least! His vision has gotten better and he spends more time awake looking around at things. He seems to be making eye contact every once in awhile with us too. You can just see the wheels turning in his head. For some reason he is obsessed with our brown couch. He is always seems so captivated by it! The tv also catches his attention; those flashes of light are just so cool! He has found his voice as well. Not only is his screaming and crying louder (oh yay..) but his is making a lot more sounds. Not necessarily the typical "cooing" or "oohing" just noises. Every once in awhile he will let out a shriek or two out of the blue then look a bit curious on where that noise came from then go back to being content. So cute in a weird way. Two nights ago he slept in his actual crib. I wondered if it was or would be a one time thing but he did again last night again. It is sad in a way but I am so proud of him in another. As my cousin said, my baby is growing up! : ( However, I tried it more because his bassinet we have been using was getting a little to cozy. He still is not sleeping through the night yet...soon we hope! If he would just eliminate that 2-3 am wake up call we'd all be happy!

Neither Albert or I can believe how fast time does fly by; it's so sad. He is just so perfect to us. It is amazing to think that WE created this amazing human being; I grew him in my belly. It/he really is a miracle. We are mesmerized by him all the time. Becoming a parent is such a stressful, frustrating, amazing, emotional, happy and proud thing. It truly is and it has only been a month. No, I don't want another baby unless I don't have to go through the 1st or 3rd trimester and unless the baby will just fall out without and pain or recovery time! ; )

3 comments:

  1. Happy 1 month birthday Antonio!!! Has your Mommy taken you in for pictures yet??
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of parenting! It is all those ways you described it and more! You two are great parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will forget all about the 1st & 3rd trimesters, and the pain, and the recovery.... and then you're in trouble. So journal it if you need a reminder! :) Serina

    ReplyDelete