Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Grandma's come and Grandma's go....

Last week we had Albert's mom and sister come visit for a week. It was great. Albert's mom got to meet Antonio for the first time, which she loved. That also meant that we got out of the house a lot more and there was a TON more stimulation for Antonio. He did pretty well considering. However, he already seems to be calmer now that is just him and I at home during the day. We went on his very first ferry ride to visit my moms for lunch and the afternoon. It nice since it was the hottest day of the week and we were out of the house! Then we went to the annual summer BBQ at my work on Thursday. On Friday we noticed he had been sneezing more than usual, a little coughing and a snotting nose so I called the doctor thinking he might be getting a cold. Well we took him in and all was fine except for the fact he is huge! He weighed in at 13lbs. 8 oz!!! At 5 weeks! No wonder Alberts back is hurting and my stomach muscles continue to ache. Man oh man! Saturday we had my parents over for a fun dinner with possibly just enough wine to get us all goofy. That next day they left for a year long vacation all over the world; literately. It was so hard to say goodbye to her. I have never been away from my mom for more that a few months before this. When they return August 2010 Antonio will be a boy ( not a baby) and very possibly walking. So sad. Monday we all went into Seattle to go tour Safeco Field. It was a surprisingly good tour. I have been there numerous times including a fanfest one year so I wasn't sure how much I'd actually get from it but it was fun! For those of you who live around here I'd check it out. It was $9 a person but we had two buy 1 get 1 free coupons from the entertainment guide so it was a steal! Poor Antonio has so much Grandma love since he was born between my mom and Albert's and now they are both gone. Hopefully he'll survive! ; )

In the past couple weeks Antonio has gained weight as mentioned above, started to smile which is amazing. However, he seems to be smiling at everyone and everything but me. Doesn't he know I am the one who carried him for 9 months!?! Geez. He even smiled at my mom while they were over for dinner; she loved it! I think he has even kinda giggled! So sweet; I can't wait until he does it more regularly. He continues to sleep in his crib and the next step is getting him to sleep through the night. We think it is close though. Albert gets up with him every night to feed him (it's their bonding time) and says that the 2am and 5 am feedings are less and less. Meaning he isn't eating as much so we hope that is a sign he may not need to wake up and eat! We're hoping so at least.


Tia Nelly, Albert, Grandma & Antonio

Grammy, Antonio and Grandma

Antonio & I

Albert, Antonio and I

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, smiling for mamma will come, and when it does you will love it! It seemed to take forever, but it will be worth the wait! At first the smiles are not as "on purpose" as they will be later on.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures! I love the Safeco ones. You guys are a beautiful family...can't wait to see this little one in person! Much love to you! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete