Thursday, October 1, 2009

Everything DOES happen in 3's...

So it is true, the third thing has happened and now I should be good from here on out. On Wednesday I found out I have torn my achilles tendon on my left ankle. First it was a last minute cesarean for Antonio, then it was the removal of my gal bladder and now the tear. I must have done something horrible to someone at some point to get this kind of karma. Regardless, here I am again, housebound, couch bound and in need of help to take care of my baby. It is so incredibly frustrating. Luckily Albert is a great dad and helps out all the time! He has stayed home the past couple days to take care of Antonio but those days have been unpaid for him.

Previous to this, Antonio and I had a great couple weeks. Once I was cleared to carry him on the 18th I went for it. He and I went to Target, my work to see the guys (and 2 gals), Babies R Us and even our weekly class all by ourselves! It was great! We played on the floor, read stories, sang songs and even did "situps". I was finally feeling like a mom! Albert thinks that maybe I tore my tendon getting up off the floor....I am not that old yet am I? Antonio is doing great. He started to sleep through the night for a week then has gone back to not. Now he goes down between 8:30 and 9 then wakes about 1 or 2 then sleeps again until about 4 or 5. I am not sure what happened to revert him back to not sleeping thru; we're hoping he goes back to it! He is starting to recognize the bottle and if you don't put it in his mouth quick enough he leans forward to it. Also when we sit and look at his mirror that lights up he sometimes pulls away from me to lean towards it! So impressive....I know its not huge but it's the little things! We love him more and more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment