Thursday, October 29, 2009

March 1st!

It's official, I am staying home with Antonio until March 1st; hooray! I am so relieved that I will be able to. We were waiting to see if Albert's insurance could get us on right away since mine will no longer be in effect as of the 25th of November if I stay at home with Antonio. As you know, we NEED our insurance! We found out that yes, they will make us effective now! Phew! For those of you who are wondering, no, we did not win the lottery unfortunately. As most of you know, my Grandma passed away last month and left me with a little bit of inheritance that will be used to stay home for a few extra months! We are so thankful for it! I know my Grandma would be glad we were able to use it in this way too!

With all of my "injuries" I have felt like we (Antonio and I) haven't had the chance to really bond or even have fun together and thats had me bummed. We (I) feel so lucky to be able to spend this time with him. Also with missing out on the holidays last year (dealing with the ALL day sickness) I am so excited to be able to bake, decorate, sing carols and repeat! Poor Antonio! ; ) As of March 1st we'll have to put Antonio in daycare which neither Albert or I are looking forward to. Sure there are a few (very few) benefits about him going to daycare; like learning social skills, making friends and unfortunately building that immune system! We are so happy he won't be in a daycare environment or anything like it during this flu season! With all the hoopla about Swine flu added to the mix it is just good to keep him with me! So please pray that I stay healthy from here on out so we can all (Albert included even though he has to work) enjoy this time together!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so happy for you all! What a blessing!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I'm so glad I read this, Jessica. Now I better understand your decision and ability to stay home until March. Will you return to your same workplace then? I'm sure your Grandma would be thrilled to know that you are using your inheritance to invest in your son!

    I'm so excited for you!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete