Friday, October 23, 2009

Flu shots...

Albert and I both went and got flu shots yesterday for the sake of Antonio. Last year I had gotten one for the first time in either forever or at least a very long time. Not knowing then I was pregnant, I decided to get one since my employer gave us a voucher for a free one and I wanted to see if I'd have any weird reaction so when I did get pregnant I know it wouldn't be all that bad. Well turns out I was already pregnant and didn't know it AND luckily I never got sick with the flu, just sick with first trimester and beyond sickness. Good times...yuck!

Anyways, we went to The Everett Clinic yesterday evening to get the shots since they are close and we were all to familiar with them. The Everett Clinic is who I have gone through for all my pregnancy appointments, my gall bladder and then most recently my achilles tendon. When we got there we had to fill out a form saying who we were and if we'd gone through The Everett Clinic before or not. Well I knew I had and I thought Albert had but wasn't sure so I hoped there wouldn't be an issue for him. So once the paperwork was filled out we were (along with about 30 others) called up one by one to check ID and insurance. Well we of course were called, the lady found Albert in their system (phew) but not me (what???). She asked if I was sure I had been to an Everett Clinic previously, I couldn't help but laugh! I assured her I had and mentioned that my employer had just changed insurance companies the 1st of October but since she found Albert she should be able to find me. After about 5 minutes she found me; thank goodness. In the past 3 months I have been to The Everett Clinic 4 times so I KNEW I was in their system. In the end we did get our shots and hope that we will stay healthy this flu season.

No comments:

Post a Comment